Last night Bob and I sat out on our deck after tucking in kids (who don't like not being able to stay up late). Just chatting and relaxing, looking out at the dark shadows of mountains and seeing the lights of the city far in the distance at the base. It was beautiful... and I'll even admit it, more relaxing that sitting out back East. (Can't believe I'm really saying that.) I do still love my back east heritage, but there is something calmingly different about where we are.
To look out, from our own deck, and see the great expanse of the universe laid out before us - it was unlike what I'm familiar with in the east laying out in a big field. Bob says it has something to do with the sky disappearing into the trees at the edges of such fields. I don't know - I just know it was awe inspiring.
As if that weren't enough, as we looked out over towards one of the mountains, a glow began to show at the tip of it. I noticed it, not certain what it was. Bob pointed it out and asked me if I knew what it was. At my admittance, he than told me it was the Moon Rise. Seriously - a Moon Rise. I had never noticed a moon rise before - never really thought it happened, though never really thought about it. Back east the moon would just always be there.
Apparently the moon rises every night - just often times it's before it really gets dark. So it's not really noticed. It was so beautiful... I couldn't get over it and Bob had a good chuckle at my constant awe filled comments! Had I know it wasn't something that would happen every night, I might have gotten kids up (they had only just gone to bed a little while before). Oh well... Bob also says the moon is predictable, so I'll check some charts and things and plan a "late night" with the kids... maybe even tape it!
No comments:
Post a Comment