I had a birthday... yes, another one... yes, I'm older.... I don't feel it though (I've always felt tired and rundown and like I'll never catch up... what's new with that)!
My birthday lands in a time of year that is always overbooked in our family and so we never really do anything for it. This year I was excited to learn that for once none of us had obligations! The plan - to go hiking!
I was excited... Peter wanted to help make a cake so we were going to make an ice cream cake. And we were going to go hiking (it's been years- not as long as family camping, but still)!
And then....
Gabi found out about her soccer tournament. Well, she was going to skip it so we could do what I wanted... she's really very sweet!
And then....
Jacob just kept getting worse. He wasn't getting well rested with all the on the run stuff we were doing, and it was decided that he really needed to just stay at home for a while.
So....
A friend made a cake to share at craft group a few days before my birthday - very yummy and reminded me of grasshopper pie!
And then the day arrived and I sent Bob off with Gabi so she could enjoy her tournament while the baby got some more rest. They brought home stuff to make ice cream sundae cake - and Peter, Bob and I put that together. We enjoyed a piece with the kids then put them to bed. Next came friends for a game of Ticket To Ride with more yummy ice cream cake!
The next day, we gathered at Bob's folks for a wonderful dinner (which included stuffed mushrooms... yum, yum, yummy) and cheesecake!
So - I'm a year older... and no, I'm not posting pictures. I don't like any that Bob took on my birthday and I didn't take the camera to my in-laws....
Not as planned... Oh well... that's all part of motherhood... but what a yummy, sweet part it was!
Happy birthday! Hope that cheesecake was good :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed it! Mine never goes as planned either...but sometimes that is for the best!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Tara! Congrats (late, I know) on the new baby! He's a cutie! (just like the rest of 'em!) Those pita's look great, I'll have to try them my kids would love them!
ReplyDeletePS I need the reciep!!
ReplyDelete