Thursday, September 15, 2011

I May Be In Over My Head

Lately I've been thinking I'm seriously in over my head - after all, soccer recently started (two teams... I'll hate to see what three does to us next year), quickly followed by a new little one joining us most weeks up to three days a week (and she's so much fun), and then the beginning of school, and dance and violin. That's busy. Yes, our fall is very busy and shifting gears to jump back into schedules is never a smooth ride around here, although we always get through it and usually with many laughs and smiles and certainly with lots of fun and pictures!

But add to that apples and well.....

I now have successfully lost a netflix movie, I honestly have no time (or is it energy) to get the niddy-griddies around the house done as I'm generally barely keeping afloat on the dishes and laundry, I have lost my camera cord and have given up hope on attacking my bedroom until further notice... and my writing, I pulled up one story twice this week to immediately close it out without even reading any of it... now is just not the time!

And then....

Jacob decided now was the perfect time to get up on everything... the table wasn't a big deal because we have carpet (the one and only good thing about carpet in the dining room) so we just keep the chairs pushed in.... most of the time. But his excitement has shifted to the living room, specifically my computer... okay any computer... and the TV and DVD players. In other words, he's supposed to be on 24/7 watch again.

The good news...

We're still having fun, we're supporting the family at all the games (which means fresh autumn air) (though I cut out early last night because Jacob just wasn't handling it.. or I wasn't handling him all over the place). Half of my tree of apples are put up and the other half were picked today (okay, all the ones I thought were big enough to bother with) so I'll finish those up this week. I have a batch of beets to put up, and other wise I have no more "absolutes" that must get done immediately - which means, come next week I can just focus on routine again and by October I think we'll be settled in. By November soccer is done and we'll have one day a week full of crazy! That I can handle.

I may be in over my head at the moment, but someone recently told me that I was just being a good mom. I try to let that sink in - that being a good mom means putting them first and sometimes that means that things back up.... and though I may feel like I'm in over my head, I'll gladly take this swim every year, knowing that what matters most is what is being focused on!

No comments:

Post a Comment