Afterward, we ate lunch and watched the animal show - some pretty neat animals - all unable to live in the wild.
Then off to grossology.... all sorts of information - scattered everywhere.... there were games to play along the way as well as a quiz right at the end. Gabi knew quite a bit even without finding all the info.
I was able to go thanks to an awesome friend who took Jacob and Peter. I had no idea how Jacob would do since he still nurses - though I knew he could go without. He did well, and it was so good to be able to go with Gabi on a field trip - I have felt like I missed so much because of too little baby for so many years!
Next, I offered to make the cake for California's birthday. With Bob's help - lots of help - we had is shaped like California... and it was huge! I had layered a yummy moist cake with a oreo fudge center. Then I attempted to take it to school.... Seeing that the edges of the cake when clear to the edge of the board, I didn't want to put it on the floor of the van - not that I could have guaranteed a safe place on the floor anyway. Regardless, the idea of frosting smeared on the floor, or dirt particules on the the cake were not very appealing.
On the way, down a hill and around two corners, the weight of said cake was against me... and it came to hitting a mailbox or losing a cake... though I was hoping not to lose the cake.... the weight was just too much for my arm to maintain control of - seeing that the board was longer than my arms spread out - and I lost. And my van floor had frosting all over it anyway.
I managed not to cry or scream - amazing... and even Peter said "Mom, why aren't you crying about the cake?".... and after sending a sad email to the class teacher, I proceeded to throw together two smaller cakes which were not so elaborately decorated so they could make it to school on time.... no yummy center and the frosting / decorations were a combination of melted chocolate chips and skittles, but it was still warm.
(A side note.... I attempted a moist cake for a friend's baby shower and it was a total disaster.... after that, I decided that my cake making skills have left me... at least the ones that make things look nice... so I'm refusing to make cakes.... at least until Beth's birthday)
No comments:
Post a Comment