Friday, November 16, 2012

Love My Jacob

I have pictures coming - I really do - I promise. But since I have to download them - yes, everything from August till now - I thought I'd share this little piece of fun.

The beginning of the week was spent with Beth on her field trip to Sutter's Fort - which you will hear more about later. In order for me to attend the three day trip, Jacob had to stay home - first with Daddy (and Grandma and Grandpa - who helped out a bunch) and then with my really good friend (whose daughter is one of Jacob's favorite friends).

On my ride home, I found myself thinking about my reunion with my little man. He's been in the habit of saying "I so happy you miss me" which comes from when he would tell me he missed me and then I would tell him I missed him and that I was happy he missed me because it let me know he loves me. So then he started saying "I so happy you miss me" whenever I could get home from wherever I was. I love it!

So I was daydreaming about that. But that is not the actual welcome I received this time. Oh, he missed me and was happy to see me - and snuggled, and cuddled, and loved, and hugged, and wouldn't let go, or would come back within a minute to snuggle some more.

When I did pick him up, my friend told me how she'd had him in the store earlier and that he was looking around and then stuck his lip out in a pout. When she asked him what was wrong he said, "I think my mommy is missing."

Later that night, when I asked if he missed me, he said, "I miss you into town."

He's been my little snuggle bug, and doesn't want me to go anywhere without him. But that's okay - because right now, I just love having him so close!

And I love that he misses me when I'm gone. And that he can tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment