I'd say I can't believe it's been so long since I posted, but that would not be entirely accurate. After all, it seems that once life gets moving, the ball never quite stops rolling. That has certainly been the case in our lives, and I honestly can't even see the next slow down up ahead.
This year we put several new things on our plates - starting with a move. Not far, just up the street, but a move none the less. I seriously believe it was easier to pack and move with four kids seven and under from across the country then it was to move with five kids between the ages of 4 and 12 just up the road - less than a minute's worth of a drive.
As we did that, we also jumped right back into coaching soccer, and between running the kids back and forth and here and there and coaching three teams (because at least we were smart enough to bump the one kid up to keep us down to three teams), we've been hectic afternoons and evenings. Add to that the normal dance, plus an extra day of dance, Bob picking up smaller jobs at work - to add to work - his having been called into the Bishopric in our ward, and me starting to sub this year and well, you start to see the picture we've been living. (And that doesn't touch music or anything else)
In between - whatever that really is - we've tried to finish unpacking (though we're not all there yet), figure out some semblance of order, fight off illness, and generally try not to fall apart when there just isn't any time left for each other (that would be me). Writing went to the side, though I'm fighting hard to try to put it back into a more prominent position in my life because, if nothing else, I need it.
Curve balls are never far away, and we're doing our best not to get totally knocked over. So, hopefully, I'll figure out some sort of sanity routine which might actually include the blog again. In the mean time, thanks for continuing to care about our family. We really haven't tried to fall off the face of the earth, but we are learning that with five kids and trying to be as involved as possible with each of them, even in keeping things "simple" it's not really simple.
No comments:
Post a Comment