Friday, February 13, 2009

The Love Of Siblings

Last Sunday I tried to put Peter to bed at the usual time. He crawled under the weird shelf unit that we have between the kids rooms, and came out the girls' door (since his was closed) and started to talk to me at the top of the stairs. Beth came out to let me know that Peter wanted to sleep with me. To which I said no - then told him to go back to bed. I heard Beth talking to him, but didn't know what she was saying and then heard the two of them pattering back to their rooms. I figured Beth was tucking Peter back into bed and went back to cleaning things up around the house.

When I took Gabi up to put her to bed, I found one of the cutest sites - there, on Beth's bed, were both Beth and Peter, cuddled up together, tucked into the blankets and fast asleep. I took pictures and decided to leave them alone - though later I discovered Peter flopped over and too close to the edge so I took him to his own bed. Still, I just love the way my children take care of each other - such loving kids.



BTW - The band-aid on Peter is from a second accident (Jeremy managed to spin Peter off a chair in the church hallway). I guess he needed a balanced bruised head!

2 comments: