So I still have more pictures to post.. but no time to download, sort and upload... yet.
I spend my days painting trim and packing boxes. All the while attending to the children (who are dong amazingly well, considering they aren't getting nearly enough attention). It's a lot of back and forth. Some where along the line I did something to my left ankle, so it hurts every few hours and I have to shift from standing to sitting. Thank goodness there is enough of need for both with the painting!
All in all though, I have the "easy job" - well, maybe not in terms of the kids, but certainly in terms of house projects... Bob has been finishing wooden trim, making cabinets, installing floor, and a toilet, sheet rocking, refinishing a floor, cleaning up the yard, going to the dump, and probably a ton more that I'm not mentioning... on top of that, he's still working at the restaurant and instead of his normal two nights a week, he's been doing three. And there is the occasional visit to the apartments... so he's really busy.
At the end of the day, we're both beat! And sore! But feeling pretty good with where we're at!
On the upside, we finally have a house under contract... 1 building down (or nearly) and 4 to go! we've had some good showings at another place, and we're scheduled for one here that sounds promising some time next week. We can certainly see the Lord's hand at work here!
We have great friends... Jim who is helping Bob on all the bigger projects, and him and Leah being willing to help us out with running the apartments until they sell after we're gone! Thanks a ton, guys!
We've bought plane tickets, we the truck scheduled... everything is really coming together! When it's all over, our family is going to need to do something special just to reconnect! (Let's hope the unpacking and settling in go faster!)
No comments:
Post a Comment