Thursday, August 6, 2009

Babies - $8.88 Or Less

Moving is certainly an adventure... and we haven't even left yet. The packing has brought multiple stories, wishes, comments and such. Sometimes pleasant and sometimes nothing short of a horrid headache.

Today I attacked the attic once again -this time to try to finish it (which I nearly did). In doing so, I pulled out the infant carrier car seat and set it aside in the "packing room" while I went about sorting outgrown clothes to give away.

While I was working on that, Peter (who calls himself Pee-tor) noticed the seat. He got a puzzled look, pointed and asked "What's that?"

Me: That's a baby car seat. It was yours when you were first born. And before that, it was Jeremy's when he was first born. And before him it was Bethie's when she was a baby and Gabi's before her.

By now Peter is laying in my lap, so I cuddle him like a baby.

Me: Is that silly?

P: Yeah. We need to go to Walmart.

Me: We do? Why?

P: We need to get one at Walmart.

Me: A baby?

P: Yeah. We need to get one at Walmart.

Me: Oh, well you don't get babies at Walmart.

P: We get one from church.

At this point I'm smiling and nearly laughing as I explain that a mommy and daddy with Heavenly Father's help create a baby and it grows in mommy's tummy until it's too big and then it comes out for the mommy and daddy to love and cuddle and feed and take care of together.

Me: So, no, Peter, babies don't come from Walmart or church. They come from Heaven.

1 comment: