Friday, January 28, 2011

A Little Snowy Fun



We've not gotten much snow this year, but they kids have had some fun sledding anyway. In fact, the first real snow we had (that we were here for) was a nice wet snow which made for a very slick hill - even if the hill was more of a very short slope.



Gabi's favorite thing was to hit a certain part of the hill and kind of jump shoot herself into the bushes. She got quite the chuckle with that.


Of course you'll notice the helmets on Jeremy and Peter - and the lack of snow gear. They insisted they were only going to ride their bikes in the front yard. I have to admit that even though I told them they really needed to put on snow gear, that I got a kick out of them in their helmets coming down that short little hill. (And sometimes it's just nice to be able to say "I told you so" so they'll learn that maybe mom and dad actually know something... like when they came in with their pants soaking wet... after all, when there is snow here, it's still very sunny and it melts fast!)


Beth has really grown into the little "dare devil" of sorts... fortunately it's still pretty mild. But she had a blast finding the fastest route down the short hill, starting the sled, running and jumping on so she was kneeling and would throw her hands up in the air! It was so funny (probably because it really wasn't that dangerous... thank goodness... I have no idea what I'll do when she graduates to more dangerous adventures).


It was so much fun to see them all playing together - I love moments like that. Of course, it was also tons of fun to see them start throwing snow balls at the sliding glass door while Jacob was watching them from the safety of the house. He kept laughing and laughing. Every time a ball would hit, he'd erupt into more laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment