Well we're back. I'd say that with more enthusiasm, but the idea of getting back to the grind of every day life isn't all that appealing. I'm suffering from jet lag... I knew it could be bad, but I had never experienced it like this before. So I'm just dragging. Bob doesn't have that luxury. He was back to work today.
We were very lucky... and blessed... a couple of friends tidied up and cleaned the main portion of our house! It was so nice to walk into the clean area... especially where we left it in worse condition then it normally is in on a daily basis! Thanks so much you guys! We've even, so far, been able to keep up with some of it. I'm hoping that turns into a habit that's easier kept than in the past.
Most of the unpacking is done, and I even got a couple loads of laundry done too... no sense letting that pile up again.... although I'll admit that I've not put it all away yet. Hopefully tomorrow!
I'm trying to pull my head back into the normal routine of bills, chores, calling, and whatever else lands on the plate. But more than that, I'm trying to take things one day at a time. A few months back I started having chest pains again. Severe chest pains. Bob gave me a blessing which more or less told me it was stress and that I needed to look at one day at a time and not look further. That's, of course, easier said than done. But now that the bulk of major planning with other people is done and out of the way, I'm determined to figure out how to focus one day at a time. (Looking only ahead for a little bit when absolutely necessary)
Being in California was a real treat. There were lots of people around so there were lots of people helping each other. But the best part was watching the kids get to know their relatives better. I know we came home the better for it. It was great to have these relationships strengthened!
Anyway, we did lots of fun things, but since I'm all jet lagged out, I'm not going to post anything about it now. I'll try to get to it next week..... (but we'll see.... we have carpet being installed in the middle of the week--I'm so excited--so we've got a lot of stuff to move out of most of the rooms to get ready)
Welcome home!!! The transition into normal life is always hard, but there is also no place like your own bed and your own house where you can go to the bathroom at night in your undies if you want to!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you made it home safe.
See you Sunday.
KKS