Friday, July 25, 2008

Need Advice - Digital Scrapbooking

So for years I've been a scrapbooker.... and for even more years (or so it seems) I've not been able to really do much of anything with it because there are always too many little hands and feet out and about.... it involves unpacking, doing, and re-packing things... of which I didn't have hardly enough time to actually just do let alone doing the other parts.

When our PC died a few years ago, we decided to go with the ever better (more stable and easier to use) MAC... (okay, so I'm biased, but I do believe those things).... we love our MAC and it's been great....

Now... the two are coming together... I'm switching to digital scrapbooking. I just don't have the time to continue to try (and usually not get that far) to get everything out only to scrapbook for a few minutes and pack it all back up. I've been reluctant to go digital in the past because it was so limited (and you always had to use someone else's designs and templates). But the digital scrapbooking world has comes leaps and bounds and I've loved the stuff I see my friend doing (and other's in the digital scrapbooking world). So, we're making the jump!

The girls and I tried out iRemember..... we struggled with the platform at first because, really, it could have been easier to use... after all, everything else in the MAC world is drag and drop! But once we worked around that, we enjoyed it..... that is until I started converting my layered pages into jpeg files (necessary for printing)... suddenly my nice, crisp pictures (pages) were suddenly slightly fuzzy... and often the words were missing parts (letters or parts of letters). I don't know what happened, but I didn't like that. Thank goodness I was still only using the trial version... that's one program I won't buy!

But.... for those of you out there who do digital scrapbooking on a MAC, I was curious what your opinions were about the software you use. I want something that allows me to not just scrapbook, but to create and manipulate things too. And I want the finished product (the thing I'm going to print) to be crisp, clear and just like I did it! Any and all thoughts would be great! Send your scrapbooking friends my way to add their input... I really could use it! :) Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I use photoshop, but it's super expensive. My sister and almost everyone else I know uses Photoshop Elements. It's much cheaper and it's all you will need for scrapbooking and most designing. Make sure your pages are set at 300 pixels per inch. Anything less than that will make it fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete