Well - so much to write, but there are pictures I'd love to post too.. that will have to wait until we're all set up in CA. In the meantime, I thought I'd give a basic update.
I dropped Bob off to get the truck on Monday - he ended up waiting 6 hours before his truck arrived (they were suppose to have it there two days in advance - their policy). Needless to say he got a really deep discount. Also needless to say, he lost a lot of time at the house. He did have some friends help him out and was still able to leave on Wednesday. Our showing Monday probably didn't go so well - haven't really heard anything, so that's an assumption. But I can't say as though I blame them... we left things not really ready thinking Bob would be back in time to tidy up some (whatever tidying up you can do around all the stacked boxes). Oh well.. I know the Lord will provide at the right time.
Aside from that, I got the kids to the temple (that was nice) then on to the Boston Science Museum. We obviously didn't do a whole lot there - since it's huge - but they had fun. The over to my friend's to spend the night. Peter (having slept most of the day, being car sick and all) was wide awake at 2am - which meant I was too. Finally, at 4am I got us up and decided that since I wasn't sleeping I'd hit the road. Almost wondered why it took me so long to make that decision. But, the ride Tuesday was generally better since all the kids did some sleeping. It wasn't too bad - though I was truly exhausted when I arrived about 1:30-2:00pm.
Wednesday night around midnight (so really Thursday) Bob pulled in. The kids enjoyed seeing the big truck while Bob, Papa and I rearranged things and got the van loaded up. Gabi and Bob hit the road around 10:45am and headed out to Indiana. They were on the road again this morning around 8:30am and will hit Kansas - Marie, watch out! Where, if they get in soon enough, they will have a little time to spend with cousins. They intend to be up and out bright and early tomorrow for Utah (that will be the longest stretch of the whole trip). The following day they will arrive in California.
If the energy remains and timing allows, Bob will unload the truck Monday so that he can bring it back to Reno on Tuesday when he picks up the kids and me! We're really looking forward to being reunited and getting settled.
As for the kids and I, well, the kids are really loud. They don't have much else to do - the toys around here aren't really for kids their ages and I obviously didn't really pack any because we'll be flying. I help out with Jeani while Papa and Nanny are working. And then I take the kids and their noise up to the "apartment" to be out of the way for the bulk of the afternoon. Seems to be working okay for now. I'm hoping they (and myself) will get rested before we fly. That would be one less thing to worry about when we arrive!
So, so far so good... we're all alive and doing well. The travel is going well - so we really can't ask for more!
Keep on a truckin'!! It will be a memory soon. Hopefully a pleasant one.
ReplyDeleteI sent you an email.
I know how long it can be traveling as our trip was LONG! Sorry we also weren't able to meet up with you. Hunter really wants to stay in touch with Gabi.. I hope the rest of your trip goes smoother. Have a great visit.
ReplyDelete