Talking in the wee hours of the night with Bob, I learned that Gabi and at least one other friend had started a Nature Club at school. He didn't really have any details, but said he hoped it wasn't (and wouldn't become) exclusive and have to be shut down.
So this morning, as I'm preparing her breakfast, Gabi starts to tell me about the Nature Club. I don't know how many people are in it, though it's enough to play tag and hide and go seek. But not just any tag or any hide and go seek... their first order of business was to create their own versions in a true nature theme. It's Monkey Tag (and, no, I don't remember how to play that one) and then Lion Hide and Go Seek (where when the lion is done counting he / she just creeps up on the people never having hollered "ready or not" - when the lion tags someone, then the lion yells "NEW LION" and everyone scatters to hide again while the new lion counts).
She's hoping as it warms up that they can look for birds - she's excited to have at least one other member over to "play" while they explore the nature around them.
Seriously - what a great club - and so easy, since, at least for now, it's all kid ideas that don't cost money and just explore what God has given us all!
No comments:
Post a Comment