Had another appointment yesterday - if I keep gaining like this, I'll easily surpass the amount I gained with Gabi (which was my highest weight gain of the other four). But, there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it. I'm hoping with the warmer weather and life finally calming down that the boys and I can get out and do some walking again. I don't have a lot of hope that it will slow the weight gain, but I figure it just might put me in a better position for loosing it faster when the baby comes. If nothing else, it will help me feel good.
I measured a little big - but since I grow them big and already know the little guy himself was measuring big, I'm not concerned. We did have an interesting listen to the heartbeat yesterday. We got to hear a clop, clop sound instead of the usual swish-swoosh type sound. Apparently we were listening to just one of the heart valves. Nothing to be concerned about, just that the doppler was pointed in such a way that it only got one valve. This is, supposedly, very hard to do. I figure baby was in a position that just helped that. It was kind of neat, having never heard the heartbeat like that before.
I also asked the doctor about the terrible leg pains I've been having. They aren't the normal charlie horse muscle cramps. This hurt is directly in the bone and has nothing (or seemingly nothing) to do with shifting of bones (such as when the hips pop in and out). The doctor said it sounds like I'm calcium deficient - apparently what I described is a very common indicator of such. So, we'll be starting on Tums daily (to start with) which at the very least will help with the acid reflux which seems to be mounting as the weeks progress. I'm just glad to know there is likely something that can take the pain away - this means, if it works, that I won't be waking up in the night hurting so bad that I can't hardly move and can't go back to sleep. (I had even tried Tylenol and it didn't even touch the pain)
All in all, things are going well - baby is getting big - and we're about 15 weeks out! Not quite in the third trimester, but very close!
No comments:
Post a Comment