As promised, here are some pictures of the night!
It was a big deal working up to this event. First because Gabi had spent the last couple of years telling us she was ready and asking why she couldn't get baptized yet. But also because we talked to her and encouraged her to truly find out for herself if the gospel was true. She read the Book of Mormon completely twice through on her own. We've been reading it as a family all a long and then she and Bob started reading it together. She's prayed a lot, listen to talks, studied the Friend magazine, and never wavered in what she believes.Then there are was the mom in me which wanted to make her dress. Lynne and I picked out fabric, and Gabi choose the pattern. Over several weeks, we measured, cut and sewed. The dress was gorgeous - though I don't think any of our pictures really do it justice. Gabi loved it and, of course, looked like a sweet angel when she was wearing it.
All pictures were taken before or after the program - some look like they are during, this is because they were taken during the musical rehearsal.
The dress looks beautiful......I told jacob I cant believe she is 8 already...in my mind i see her permanently around 5or6....Wish we could have been there.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the dress Tara! Gabi looks beautiful! It sounds like the program was wonderful. Lily is going to be 8 in just over a year. I guess that we had better start preparing her now! I think your asking Gabi to find out for herself that the church is true was a great idea! You and Bob are great parents. I learn a lot from you!
ReplyDelete