Well, it's been while, and it all melted away and we only have a little today - which is new, and that's why I'm blogging this now.... seemed a good reminder.
I know there are many of you who think we don't get snow... or at least not much... that's okay, having lived in Maine for just over 12 years and Vermont before that, well, I can certainly attest to the LACK of snow in comparison.... however... we do, on occassion, get snow... even enough to be "buried"... although it doesn't seem to "add up" pile upon pile upon helpless, miserable pile.
These pictures were from a couple of "large" snow storms we had out this way - I think, if I remember right, between the storms (which were only two days apart) we had about 4 feet, maybe more. The kids had fun... I liked to see the snow "pictures" before tracks and kids had knocked the snow about... okay, before they stomped it down - it was, after all, a very heavy, very wet snow.... we do like wet around these parts... we'll take all we can get!
Like the "chair"? That was on our deck, and Beth decided to just "hang out" and created this chair from all the snow. The next day, Gabi discovered the chair and, with her own addition, made it into a lounge chair.
Strangely enough, though the kids started snowmen at different times this year, they never did make any. Which, with so much wet snow, we should have been able to make an entire neighbor of snowmen... oh well... and I never took Jacob out in it... he can wait until next winter when he can enjoy it more!
No comments:
Post a Comment