Friday, April 8, 2011

Gabi Really Did Have a Birthday

I seem to get later and later at this stuff... don't remind me....

Mid March was Gabi's annual celebration. Like her sister, she went without a theme and planned her own games and things. I just put together treats and called it good. It was really easy, she had tons of fun and that's all that matters... right?

She didn't want cake, she wanted brownies... oh, let me back up.... for her Class treat, she wanted to do the mini cheesecakes with strawberries again... no problem... except, well, our oven had been a little on the fritz off and on. Still, things were going well.. until the last batch, and then I wasn't sure what really happened, but they were still yummy.

When I tried to make her brownies the next day, they were perfect on top, so I pulled them so they could set up. By the time it was time to have the "brownie sundaes", well, the bottom had never really set up. I was glad she was doing sundaes, so we just scooped the brownies and called it good enough. Everyone loved them.


I was a bit frustrated... when Bob came home, he took a look at the oven... the element was in need of replacement (I so should have taken a picture) - when he removed the bottom element, there was a whole section about two inches long that had fallen off - the circuit was thus broken and there was no heat coming from it. I vaguely remembered once a "spark" that I thought I had seen from just that spot when baking earlier in the week. But when I had "double checked" I had figured it was my imagination... I guess that's when the element really died. (Yes, it's been replaced and the oven works fine now.. thank goodness)

Gabi loved all her gifts, which were, of course, mostly books! But was most happy to have been able to have several friends over to play while I kept the other kids out of her hair - most of the time.

We did have our FHE birthday too - which was full of hyped up kids - because what's better on a Monday night than cake and presents?

1 comment: