Allergies seem to be under control, though when he's sleeping less he does break out, if he rubs he breaks out, and when he get into certain things he breaks out. If food is left on his face (even just while he's eating the rest of it) he also breaks out - not with all foods though. Sensitive, sensitive. But we generally have it under control and he's eating solids all day long (and nursing at least as much if not twice as much). With all that, you'd think the little guy would be a rolly-polly O... nope... he's not. (But Jeremy was much the same way when it came to eating everything all the time and nursing like crazy as the same time)
Like all little brothers, Jacob just loves to be involved with the siblings. Wherever they are, he wants to be. Whatever they're playing with, he wants to play with. It's been good for him and they are generally tolerant.. but when they decide tolerance isn't the name of the game there is a lot of sadness (and often frustrated yelling). It's happened with all the younger siblings, so I at least know it's normal. But I try to encourage them to find ways to teach him to play they way they want him too understanding that he won't get it right away. It's a work in progress.
The other day everyone was outside play - Jacob, of course, wanted to be with them. But after a little while he was not content to be in his stroller watching (probably because no one was pushing him around), so I finally let him out on the pavement (we don't have any grass and with the deer so free in our yard, well, I'm reluctant to put him in the middle of it... plus it's gotten a be on the over grown side for now). I was surprised he didn't immediately want to be picked up as the sun had been beating down on the asphalt, but he was more interested in the pitcher with a little water left from the kids having their snack. He had a great time dumping out the rest of the water and then playing in it.
He's also been working on walking on his own since three days past his 9 month mark. Since that day he'd walk to family members - usually only a few steps. But we've played this game with him at night when Bob has been here having him go back and forth. He gets to excited, and we clap and encourage him. Even when he'd go (the distance being farther) and he'd start to loose his balance and sit down - we'd still clap and tell him he did a good try and try again. He got to liking the claps so much that he'd take a few steps, stop, look at us, then sit down and start clapping. It's pretty cute.
As he's progressed, he's even added "yeah" to his clapping, to mimic us. And, as of two nights ago, he's walking across the rooms, he'll let go of things and walk toward people, or even let go of people and walk toward things. He's officially a walking man now.... the down side, I don't think I'll get a picture of him 'standing on his head' (he would get on both feet and hands, then stick his bum in the air and put his head on the floor... it was the cutest thing, I loved it so much, but I never had a camera in my hand or even close... I'm going to try to convince him to do it again some time... but it may not happen).
Oh.. and did you notice his two front teeth... they're in enough to actually see now... no more yet, and no sign of any more coming in the near future either.
No comments:
Post a Comment