So the week is nearly over and I'm just getting to this, but I wanted to share how I felt.
This particular Memorial Day we went out to the cemetery - we don't always do this. I remember as a kid I played in the band and we always went to the Veteran's Cemetery and listened to the services and to taps and saw the tiny American Flags.
First off - these pictures don't even come close to doing the scene justice.
This year we went to see the flags, and imagine my awed surprise when I saw this:
It was overwhelming to me - the cemetery itself is not a rectangle, but these huge flags were around each section of the cemetery. After seeing several sections like these and coming up to one of them, already feeling the spirit, I had the thought: "It's like everything inside is being protected by America!" As that thought entered my head, tears sprang to my eyes, because, indeed, everything inside is protected by America - not the sections of cemetery, but the actual people, the country, by all that it stands of, aided by soldiers - everyone standing guard, fighting to protect what is inside - just as those flags symbolized.
I particularly loved the section of the cemetery where the most veteran's had been laid to rest, because in addition to these large flags all around, the ground was covered with the little ones too. Like sentinels surrounding each of us. The power and strength of which is unbeatable.
That's how I saw things that day. Our Country. A just cause. A righteous desire. A God driven people. Volunteers who serve and fight to preserve. Protected by angels.
God Bless America! Let Freedom Ring!
No comments:
Post a Comment