I know I'm behind.....
BUT...
I'll catch up later....
THIS ONE'S FOR BOB!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Bob completed his masters - in educational leadership - turning in his last assignment last night (which included a movie that just didn't want to do what it was told... but finally did - hey, prayer works). It was graded by this morning - he's done. He did it. And now we can breath... a little.
I'm so grateful for my husband and all that he does - supporting us, teaching the children, working hard, being there for me, and serving beyond compare. He's amazing - and though I wear down on my end much more often than he does on his, I'm grateful for the opportunities I've had to support him through such advancements - and encourage him to grow and shine as an example not just for our own children, but for everyone who sees him. He is a shining beacon - and I'm so glad that he's my partner in the quest of life - my teammate in the race to eternity. I'm also glad the race can slow down a little, at least long enough for us to catch our breath before plunging forward again.
Coming to this end, I find myself spurring new desires... or rather, rediscovering old ones. I've been in mom mode for nearly ten years (or more if you count pregnancy) and in such, I've turned off the educational - career mode. I'm grateful that I did finish my bachelor's degree (completing it while pregnant with our second), but I've placed the rest of it on the back burner. Until recently, I've not been pursuing anything outside of the mom nest.... I'm still not really out of the mom nest - though I have picked up writing a lot more. It's something I used to be good at - and something I've been enjoying again (thus that lack of blogging). The stories I'm working on are for my own children - what better inspiration can there be. I don't know if anything will come of it, but it's something I'm doing for myself.
With Bob earning his masters, I've discovered an overwhelming desire to look back to my career path... though I'm not really sure what it would be any more. Things change as life goes forward. What I do know, though, is that I have four years to figure it out. Four years before Jacob is in school and I can honestly feel like I can dedicate large amounts of my time to furthering my education. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the mom nest - the nest that will grow to include so much more as the children grow and all our lives, interests, and schedules increase.
For now, I'm grateful for my husband's example - his love and his diligence. Grateful for all that he does and that he's doing. Grateful that he can look ahead to the future and plan accordingly. That he's willing to jump in and do whatever is necessary - finding and making the time to fit it all in.
I love you, honey! Great Job!
No comments:
Post a Comment