Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Rest of Family Vacation - in a Nut Shell

Okay, so I'm so far behind it almost seems silly to do anything more... but, I wanted to give you a quick sample of the rest of the visit with Marie's family - of course, I haven't put the pictures from Bud's camera on here yet, so you won't see those... at least not for now.


So, Fourth of July was spent having fun in the grandma and grandpa's backyard. Stomp Rockets, Geysers, getting sprayed by grandpa, and Jacob took his first real tumble... header... and got his first black eye. - Amazingly, for all the issues that little boys has, his black eye was all healed by the time we took pictures on Saturday morning!


I thought it was amazing to discover we could see the fireworks from our back porch (which is where Jacob and I watched them)... and honestly, a much better show - no trees in the way or anything like that, and no straining the neck!


We also went camping, played on the lakes, and took tons of family photos. In addition to all that, while Jacob and I took a break (the poor boy was beyond tuckered) the others went to Mt Lassen to go sledding (some great pictures, just not on my camera) and the went hiking and built a little teepee.

A great time as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment