Friday, November 4, 2011

First Hair Cut


Jacob's hair has been hanging over his ears and getting that shaggy look in the back for a while now. Still, he had a enough wave and even some curl that I generally could coax it back to looking nice - though it didn't always stay that way. But with cold weather settling in, and us running the wood stove, the fuzzy head was more often than not being seen.


One evening last week when we'd finished dinner I suddenly decided that was the night! I stripped Jacob down to his diaper, handed him a lollipop and sat on the kitchen with him on my lap and a pair of scissor in my hand and a spray bottle on the side. Spraying and snipping, Jacob was content to suck on his lollipop and have his picture taken - of course, he never saw the scissors.

The sides were a little uneven - the one still slightly over the ear - so I touched it up later - which meant that Jacob saw the scissors and so things weren't so easy - then I adjusted the other. The sides were eventually evened up above the ears. And, if you don't look too closely, it turned out alright.

I HATE first hair cuts for boys... they look so grown up so fast afterward and that always bothers me! The girls' first hair cuts weren't so hard, but they were older. Thankfully though my little man looks more like a two year old than a one year old, he still snuggles, cuddles, kisses and plays his adorable games... he's still my little lovely Jacob... and now that I'm a week into the new hair cut, it doesn't sting my heart so much any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment