Early in the month, I helped Becca (the little girl we watch) and Peter make these cute little people from those tiny pumpkins, some paper, scraps of fabric, markers and yarn. I used a hot glue gun to keep it all together. Aren't they super cute?
Then we went off to the pumpkin patch and for the first year, I couldn't find the camera to take with me! Jen got a few on her phone, but I haven't gotten them yet, but still... I do miss the pictures of all the kids on everything - but the day was much nicer not having to run to one place and then the other.
It was sad for Gabi because this was the first year that she didn't get to go. Beth and Jeremy had fun with their classes, and Peter, Jacob and I rode with both and just played. Jacob was funny in the little hay maze - and at that moment I wished I'd had the camera .... and consider, briefly, planning a trip back just to get that picture. I decided against it.
We also had our Ward Harvest Fest. This was the first year that we did Harvest Fest instead of a Halloween Party. I was disappointed with last year's party because it seemed so crowded and as if there wasn't really anything planned for the kids. I was disappointed this year in not having the trunk or treat. HOWEVER - we LOVED harvest fest. The kids had games to play, there were hay rides, and there were plenty of warm places for adults to gather and visit. It was a great night.
I managed to get a couple of pictures as the kids were piled on for the first hay ride - but I was lucky since I didn't have my spare battery and the moment I turned on the camera the batter dead light started blinking. - But the hay ride was so fun with Jacob - the first time he decided he needed to sit beside me and then even with the wagon didn't bounce, he'd bounce along, thrilled, with a huge smile! When I asked him (later on) if he wanted to go on a hay ride again he yelled "YEAH!"
No comments:
Post a Comment