This past week marked eleven years! Eleven.
That's Eleven since I went to the temple back in Boston with my best friend - the one that I grew up with - to wait for the other best friend (the one I married) to arrive with our marriage certificate!
Eleven years since I met my in-laws for the very first time.
Eleven years since I was last in the temple with my own mother - who spent a good part of the night before sewing roses onto my slippers - roses from the same lace she'd used on my wedding dress.
Eleven years since I said yes.
Eleven years since the start of our wonderful family through a special, sacred, and powerful ceremony sealing Bob and me and our future posterity for time and all eternity.
Eleven years.
And in Eleven years, we've accomplished a lot - together - because one of the most important parts of marriage is team work - and sometimes that means support - and sometimes that means elbow to elbow.
Eleven years has brought us five beautiful children...
But most importantly, Eleven years has brought us closer together!
Happy Anniversary to our family - all seven of us - we've accomplished so much together!
SO....
For Eleven years, we celebrated with our children - a tradition we love, because, for us, our anniversary is not just about the two of us. It's not just about the day we got married. It's not just about what we've accomplished. It's about a decision that began an eternal family - and that family is not just Bob and me. That family is all seven of us. All of us. Every day. Forever.
And so we celebrate with dinner, with dessert, with games.
Eternity will be a greater place because we all understand how important we are to one another!
No comments:
Post a Comment