Saturday, June 21, 2008

Food, Glorious Food!

My kids have always been very picky eaters. They still are... or so I thought.....

I sat down to make a list of foods that my kids like and will actually eat... it was rather lengthy... so we must be doing something right. Of course, just because they'll eat so many different foods doesn't mean I get to make whatever I want... you know, certain combinations still aren't "okay" in the kid menu!

Anyway.. I've been really excited this week because I've discovered that my little Peter loves salad! My other kids will eat lettuce or baby spinach with Ranch dressing on top. Don't try to add anything else to it... that just wouldn't do. But Peter loves MY SALAD! He loves to watch me cut it up... taking each piece he can grab and trying to eat it before the dressing is on and then handing it back. But that doesn't discourage him from digging in and trying again and again... it's almost like he knows that eventually there will be Italian dressing on it and he'll be able to enjoy it the way he likes! With a little Italian dressing (the vinegarette kind), he'll eat whatever is in my salad and loves it! (I think he just likes the vinegar... but since he'll eat the food too, I can't complain)

Anyway, this is very exciting for me! I love to make a good salad... but sometimes it seems discouraging to make it just for yourself... or for just Bob and myself... last night, I made one for me and for Peter. When I told him (he had a late nap since we're trying.. though not very successfully it seems...to put the kids on a different time zone schedule)... anyway, when I told him I'd made him his own salad, he got so excited! Oh... this is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment