Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Little Storm

Just real quick....I have permission to post pictures, so I'll do beach pictures later. Gabi had a field trip and I took her, Beth, Lucy and Emma. I'll tell you about with the pictures.

But... we have not had out the sprinkler yet... too many thunder storms.... Last night was a real adventure! Gabi had a baseball game that I ran her down to. I took the two babies with me (since I'd been away from them all day... and Jeremy was fine staying behind). As we're watching the game, I suddenly see lighting....four times... the game got called. By the time we were in the van, the storm was on top of us!

I got to drive home in the thunder and lighting, trees-bending over, windy mess (don't freak, Courtney, the Lord loves us!).

I only had to stop once for a tree across the road...and thankfully it was in between a farmer's long wrap around driveway... so we got by just fine and got home.... to no power! We were out of power for 10 hours more or less. Not too bad, but usually our power is back on within a couple of hours.

The kids did well with it all... we got out candles... Lucy and Emma were exhausted and went to bed before my kids...though I'm thinking mine probably should have gone to bed that soon too...since they really got cranky at each other later one. I felt bad for Lucy because the storm picked back up in the middle of the night with very bright lighting. It woke her a couple of times.. not all the way, just enough to know that those bright flashes in the middle of the dark were scary. But she calmed down when we'd go in and sit with her until she'd fall asleep again (which didn't take long because she was so tired).

My favorite storm thing yesterday: Lucy was telling us about black outs back home and what can and cannot be used (ie...stoves, fridges, microwaves, etc) She started by saying "when we have blackouts with white thunder..." I just love the "white thunder" comment. No thunder and lighting.. just white thunder! :) Very cute.

Okay... pictures and beach fun later... when I've got another minute... time to get things ready for the day... before more kids are up!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like QUITE an Adventure!!! Storms can be scary!!!
    Sounds like you handled it well, though! :)

    ReplyDelete