So, Jeremy turned three.. but we were gone... so I haven't put up his special blog yet... that will come along with everything else today! But since we knew we'd be gone, we decided to have a little celebration a few days earlier.Jeremy insisted on a 3-D Thomas cake... which is what I did. It was my first attempt at such a recreation... and I think it turned out okay. I'm sure, if I needed to do it again, that there are a few things I'd do a little differently (like make sure I had red food coloring when I first started... instead of discovering it later and needed Bob to bring some home....and using toothpicks to keep the smoke stack from tipping to the side). Jeremy loved it, and that's what mattered!
He wanted more "train stuff" meaning things to go with his wooden trains and tracks. That's
something everyone loves to play with, so expanding it was fine for us. He also wanted Thomas the Tank Engine for his wooden tracks (he already has him for the
electric tracks), so that's what we got him... actually, Thomas, Annie, Clarabell, Percy, The Sodor Caboose, and the Sodor Gas car. We also go him a few more pieces.Then from the kids (we had both our kids and Emma and Lucy pick something out) Jeremy got a sand and water wheel, a very large Sesame Street Kite, and a large thing of bubbles.
On his birthday (Saturday) we were at Grami Cretia's because Tia was graduating. But after she left for project grad (which was a cruise a
nd trip to fun town), we had a Cookies n' Cream Ice Cream Cake... the girls made stories, a Thomas necklace (which Bethie calls a neckle-less), and a birthday hat. Grami and Grampi got Jeremy more track pieces... so we have quite the set up here at home right now. (We're starting a list of what types of pieces we need to make the track more functional....and more fun for all the kids to play at the same time. Over the next many years, we'll probably add pieces here and there.) He also go a Thomas kite (and much better size from him).Anyway... he had a wonderful time and loves that he is three... although we had him confused... he thought he was three at the first party, and then, since he was having a second party, he thought he was four and didn't want to be yet... he hadn't had the fun
of being three yet. So I explained things, and he was happy to just be three.... and now he's a "big boy" whose hair grows fast because he's a "big boy".... I just think it's funny that he thinks of himself as being a big boy now and not back when we first started telling him that he was! :)Okay... the Special Tribute to Jeremy will come next!
Amazing cake by the way! I would have never come that close to getting it to look that well. Though, I have often wanted to try. :) On my list of things to give a whirl!
ReplyDelete