So I'm making dinner... Gabi choose Chicken and Dumplings - something I love so I certainly wasn't about to turn her down. Noticing that today was a beautiful day, I knew that Bob would want all the daylight I could spare to finish up the wood pile outside (since he has the use of a friend's splitter for a short while). So, good wife that I am, I promptly put off making dinner and pretend it's not even close.
The children wander outside (thus the comment below), and when Peter was done with that and Gabi and I were finally ready to begin our dinner prep, I settled Peter in with a movie. All was well.... out tromps Gabi to the garden to dig up those wonderful fresh veggies for the soup. Meanwhile, I gather the inside ingredients and begin cutting the veggies we had already picked and stored.
All is well... it's a slow process (everything from scratch) and I was in no hurry, so we really took our time. This was great for Gabi as she was able to do most of the putting together by herself.
Well, the daylight begins to fade, the movie runs out of entertainment value, and Peter decides it's time to help move things along. First it's just a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter. (Hey, whatever it takes to tie him over so he's not yelling at me)... then, when I'm in the middle of mixing up the dumplings (which I decided to use the mixer for), Gabi decides she needs to help.
Promptly a chair presents itself and instead of one helpful child I find the chair has two! No big deal. We're still putting the ingredients in and it doesn't look to tasty yet. So I turn back to stir the soup for a minute....
That's when I heard it... a slight whirling sound... I turn and..... OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! .......dough, unmixed flour and milk, are flying all over the kitchen! Yikes! TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
There, on the chair, stood my sweet little boy - covered in dough - eyes almost sealed shut with the stuff! For a moment I didn't know if I should stamp my feet and scream, scold him, or laugh.... in the end, I simply told Gabi to take him into the bathroom and clean him up.... that's when I thought of the camera - but, alas, I was too late.... Gabi was too quick to obey!
That is really funny! Sounds just like something a little boy would do. I wish that you had gotten a picture!
ReplyDelete