Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Little Mud - A Lot Of Laughter

So this sounds a bit like Mud Season... although that was just before / during spring. No, this is kid made.... kid enjoyed!

There are few things that I truly hate... dislike, sure... strongly dislike, yeah... .but not typically hate. Well, kids and mud - that's something I hate.... or at least normally!

The other evening my children were going to go play in the kiddie pool. No big deal. Then I see them lugging buckets of water over to the swing set (which is also the play dirt area) and dumping it out. Sure enough, they'd create a puddle and then jump up and down laughing as the mud splashed all over them. Slightly irritated at first, I then thought "at least they're in swimsuits."

When I went out to "watch" the fun, Peter wanted to join in. He was not in a swimsuit, so I promptly stripped him down to his diaper... there is just about nothing worse than trying to get mud out of clothes!

It was fun to watch their excitement, though! It's that what life is all about?

1 comment:

  1. Mud, fun! I don't like getting it out of clothes either...but it sounds like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete