Friday, October 23, 2009

Blessings

So with all the ups and downs of moving, I've been thinking a lot about why we moved and what has come of that.... I realized, it's time to do a little blessing add-up - so forgive me, for a minute, while I indulge myself in some of the good things in my life.

I'm incredibly grateful for the many blessings I have - blessings that I treasure and blessings I can share. So, in no particular order, here are some that come readily to mind!

The Gospel - for it's guidance and direction, the knowledge of where I came from and why I'm here, the sealing of families together for eternity, they understanding and acceptance of Christ as my Savior

My husband - concerned, dedicated, loving, kind, strong, sweet, understanding, worthy to hold the priesthood, devoted, an amazing father, wonderful provider, forgiving, patient, generous, loving, all around incredible man. (And, yes, I am well aware that I've just embarrassed him, but I do hope he'll forgive me. After all, he truly is one of my greatest blessings)

My children - full of mischief, love, curiosity, joy, laughter, forgiveness, patience, they keep life so very interesting and full!

My mother - in all her struggles always taking time to listen, loving, generous, sweet, helpful, compassionate, enduring, for giving me this gift of life, for raising me in the gospel when all else was against it, for believing in me, understanding, accepting.

My father - for showing me what life means (second chances are special and to be cherished), for teaching through example things he would never have been able to teach me otherwise, for being someone my children can look to as an example of love and gospel endurance.

My in-laws - for patience, unconditional love, helping in more ways than can be counted, for raising my husband to be the man he is, for sharing the sacred bonds of the gospel with us

My friends - for support, encouragement, listening, guiding, teaching, helping, loving

T.S. - love, understanding, acceptance, family, example, teaching, for making me laugh at everything (especially when it seems there is nothing to laugh about)

A.J. - for never changing, still and always dear friends

J.G. - laughter, support

K.S. - Compassion, assistance, love

B.H. - generous, loving, understanding, supportive, concerned

G.E. - straight from the heart, an answer to prayer

Library - where I can volunteer and take my children and keep them reading! And where I can find a book to comfort myself from time to time.

School - where my girls are actually having fun, have friends, are being taught in a broad-spectrum so they can stay with their classes and still be challenged, and where I can also volunteer.

A view - that calms my heart and soul every time I see it

A steady job (for Bob) - that allows him to be down to one job!

Computer - that hasn't crashed, allows me to connect with distant friends and relatives, allows me to get much work done and pay the bills

Food - so we can eat, stay healthy and thus enjoy life

A ward family - truly, who so willing step in and help out even when they don't know me yet or at least not well

Being able to walk, run, jump, laugh, cry, shout, and anything else the body can do. I'm blessed to know be troubled with any major issues yet

A home - to live in, raise my children in, feel the Spirit in, keep us safe, warm and cool, dry

Van - to get us around

Toys for the kids, tools for Bob, craft things for me - we can all stay busy (we've been a bit too busy to enjoy all of that recently, but we've still got it)

Many "niceities" - which make life more comfortable

Phone - I'd be nearly lost without it as I don't have the time to write much any more! I love being able to keep in touch that way, even if it isn't often.

Friendly Neighbors - don't complain about the noisy kids (even when I do)

And I could get even more particular than that, but these things remind me of so much that I've been given. Especially when I see so much around me where such things are not all there. I've had so much to be grateful for, and never more so than now!

No comments:

Post a Comment