Snow days are a big hit around here... that means Daddy gets to stay home! Gabi especially loves it because she's our snowbird. She'd just about live out there if you'd let her. Well, she waited all morning for the snow to finish flying eager to get out and shovel! This is something she loves, because she not only gets to shovel with Dad (usually just the two of them) but she gets to play in the really big snow piles they make out front.
Growing up in a house with six kids plus a daycare, I use to love shoveling too; but I did it for the peace and quiet... I think she's better of: quality time with Dad!
Note: This picture was not taken today, but rather back in November before we had enough snow to fully cover the weeds... but you get the idea.
Earlier this month, Bob had a snow day because of sleet. Well, Bob, being Bob, goes out side to shovel a path to the woodpile! (With all the melt off and the rain, the snow had been much lower). Once he did that, he decided he ought to split wood (which he wasn't going to do again until February break...we still had wood in the garage.)
So I look out the back window, and, sure enough, there he is with the sleet pouring down, splitting wood. Then he brings it into the shoe room to stack it up. He split and stacked two rows of wood... one normal, one small. And his comment "just thought I ought to see how hard it's gonna be to split it"
As it turned out, it's a lot easier to split the frozen mill-ends, so he just kept going till the section for wood in the shoe room was full. For Bob, this is fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment