After retiring for the night, our phone rang. Bob's dad called to let us know our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley had passed away. Although he was well aged and had been having health issues off and on as most older people do, it still came as a shock. We have treasured his guidance, his council, his love for all. We will miss him so much, but are grateful to know that he's been reunited with his wife. What a great example he's been through out his life to all of us!I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who provides a prophet for us in these latter days. I am grateful to know that there is life after death. That our families are forever. I am also grateful to know that the Lord has organized his church in a way that we need not fear or be confused when a dear prophet passes on. Although the next prophet has not been announced, the sacred keys of the priesthood have not been taken away. Each member of the twelve apostles has all these keys. They are able to receive the revelations we need. With this wonderful knowledge, there is no worry, concern, or fear while awaiting the announcement of our next dear prophet.
I want to echo a few words of a favorite hymn which tell how I feel with respect to our late prophet and all the prophets whom the Lord chooses to guide us:
"We thank thee, O God, for a prophet
To guide us in these latter days.
We thank thee for sending the gospel
To lighten our minds with its rays...
...Thus on to eternal perfection
The honest and faithful will go "
~~We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet, Hymns pg 19
We know he is at peace as he is reunited with family and continues to do the Lord's work on the other side of the veil.
No comments:
Post a Comment