Sunday, June 8, 2008

Some Cute, Sweet Things

Well... two days down... five to go. Okay, so that sounds awful...count down and all. The count down isn't really about the other children leaving so much as it has more to do with when I'll be on the next adventure, then the next, then then next... yes, it seems they have piled right up.... but that's not what I wanted to share.

Lucy is very concerned about why people feel the way they do. I'm not use to those kinds of why questions. Today I was having an especially hard time with Jeremy... Lucy didn't understand why I was so mad at him. So, in brief, I tried to explain the situation. She just looked at me, then offered a suggestion. (If I hadn't been so tired, I would have smiled...it was really sweet) Never-the-less, she continued to speak sweetly and politely as I tried to deal with Jeremy (screaming in time out on my bed while two babies tried to take a nap) while also trying to get lunch together. She looked me over and said "You look really pretty today." (And that time, I smiled.)

Emma has such a great smile. She likes to do things at her own pace and by herself.....though she's watched the others from a distance and then decided to join in a few games too. She and Bethie were born the same year, and so, they've spent a lot of time together. Between yesterday and today, I caught Emma (six times) at random saying "Bethie....(pause)....I love you." That makes Beth smile... and me too! Bethie, of course, replies in kind. But I just love the sweet, sincerity in Emma's words as she just randomly tells her.

I was letting Spencer have his binky (I'm not sure how much of the day he's really suppose to have it) this evening after dinner. While the kids were picking up, Jeremy found that Spencer had dropped it somewhere... He brought the binky to Spencer and said, as he put it in Spencer's mouth "Here you go, Spencer-Butter" (This, of course, is sweet and cute to me because that's one of Peter's nicknames... Peter Butter....see how it works)

Okay... well that's the fun that's made me smile most these last couple of days... the kids are so excited about getting out the octopus sprinkler tomorrow! The Beach (for the girls) on Tuesday with Gabi's class... and then... they don't know it yet... we'll celebrate Jeremy's birthday Wednesday! Thursday and Friday we'll spend making Father's Day gifts and then getting packed up! We've got a busy... fun.... week ahead.

1 comment:

  1. My blog isn't private anymore so you can go ahead and put up names and pics if you want.

    I'm having a blast but I miss my babies so much, reading that paragraph about Emma almost made me cry! She does that all the time!

    Thank you so much! Give my kiddos a hug and a smooch for me and tell them I'll see them soon!

    ReplyDelete