Saturday, June 21, 2008

Can't Keep Her In Books

WOW!

That's really all there is to say!

Wow! Wow! Double Wow!

What's so incredible? Gabi sat down tonight with a new book... a new book she'd never seen in her life. A book I figured would last her at least until we left on vacation... even if she read it most of the day.

So, she sat down to read it... an hour later I walk into the room and she's 90 pages into. I can't believe she has any idea what she's read because that's just too incredible. So I take the book and ask her about it... she started telling me in great detail about the book! I was shocked, to say the least! Needless to say, I handed her back the book... half an hour later she had finished it... all 156 pages!

WOW!

5 comments:

  1. That's incredible Tara! I hope she never loses her passion for reading.

    So what's your secret? How do I get my daughter to read like that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I can't wait for Hunter to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.starfall.com

    Not the only thing, but my kids loved it, learned the phonics rules, and were able to apply it quickly! It's interactive and educational... what can be wrong with that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That particular book was Katie Kazoo Switcheroo (The Halloween one). She likes that series, the Disney Fairy series, the Magic Tree House series, and the Judy Moody series (we'll be starting in on the Stink series soon ...he's Judy Moody's brother). She also enjoys the Little House series (the original ones).

    ReplyDelete