So I sent them away! WHAT WAS I THINKING?
No, really, they are staying with my mom - they need this - I need this - she needs this - it works out great!
There's a special Time Out For Women that a bunch of friends are going to. I was planning to go, even bought a ticket (actually, I bought up a bunch for my friends and I), and then sat down with our "new budget" since finances had shifted for this next teaching year, looked over the dance schedule, looked over Bob's schedule, and my mom's schedule, and realized there was no way I could go!
One of these friends kept calling and trying to get me to go anyway - she knew I really needed this. But I'd already sold off my ticket, so that was that. Besides, like I mentioned before, schedules weren't going to work out. Then, a couple days ago another friend started getting sick. Yesterday morning she and her kids were sick. She was not going to be able to go. So, there was the extra ticket - and briefly I wondered if there was any way I could make things work out! - NOPE - I had already looked at everything over and over again.
As soon as I got off the phone with her, my sister and my mother called to wish me a happy birthday. It was a wonderful surprise. And I told them what was going on - between the two of them, they offered to take my kids for the weekend so I could go - assuming I could meet them half way last night.
Well... that was leadership (and I needed to be there for the Cub Scout stuff).... but then I thought since Bob wouldn't be able to get anything done anyway (he'd have Peter) that maybe he'd agree to meet my mom. Sure enough, he did saying "Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday" repeatedly!
So I went to put Peter down for his nap telling him that when he got up he could go see Grami - well, he did think he needed a nap any more. But I made him anyway. When he got up, he didn't see me, laid on his back and screamed. I came up, asked if he wanted to eat and go to Grami's. So he jumps up, runs to the stairs - down we went - hand him his lunch - two bites - hop down - run and grab shoes - the last hour he fussed at me and tried to pull me out the door. He was so thrilled that he bounced up and down almost the whole way to swap cars with Bob.
Peter never fussed... easily said good-bye to Bob and let Grami take him - this morning, all the kids are happy, playing and don't seem to mind being away from Mom at all.
I'll be glad to have them back at the end of the weekend, though! I love them and already miss them.
First off "Happy Birthday"! I hope that you had a good one. Have a good weekend kid free. :) I know, what you mean... I always miss my kids the minute they are gone. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, Happy Birthday! Sorry, I'm terrible with sending cards. :) What better birthday present can you have than a kid-free week?! Enjoy!
ReplyDelete