Soccer season began two weeks ago. It's not too bad - though all the kids are involved this year. Gabi is playing on the K-2 team again, and this time Bob is coaching! She excited about that, and most of the kids already known him from baseball. They haven't started playing games yet - there has been a lot of trouble trying to get the other rec chairs to help us out in setting up games. But when that all comes together, they will be playing on Saturday mornings. They are even doing a Round Robin Tournament late in October!
The pre-school group was one I was helping with. The original "coach" (if you could call us that) and her family are moving, so I am taking over as the head. That should be interesting since Peter is technically too small to be int he pre-school group. Never -the-less, they are all having fun. It's only one night a week, so it's not bad either.
This week marked the beginning of dance for this year! The girls are ever so excited. Gabi has moved away from Saturdays onto Thursday nights now. She even started pre-jazz (although they won't be doing a jazz dance - so just three dances for her again). She dances for an hour and 45 minutes straight!
All of the kids in Beth's combined 3-4 year old class last year have moved up. Obviously those who are now 5 years old moved to the Kindergarten class, but those who are now 4 are trying it out! So, we decided to do the same. The motivation was not wanting to upset Beth when she realized all her friends were in the other class, as well as having class in the morning instead of through lunch! As far as the dance skills go, she's definately ready. She practices all the time and can even do much of what Gabi does because Gabi teaches her. So I wasn't concerned about that part at all.
Anyway, this morning was the first class for Beth and she did great! Not a single break down (mild or full blown), smiles the whole time. She even readily made new friends with some kids who switched over to her dance studio this year! She's so happy to be dancing again - and especially excited that she'll be doing 3 dances this year instead of 2! She's also dancing for an hour and a half instead of just one hour!
So, the "sports life" begins again! It's crazy (I know, it will get crazier as they get older and the sports take up more time!) but we're enjoying it! It's great to have the kids out and involved!
I'm glad to hear that she had such a good time at dance. I can't wait to see new video's of them. I wish I was going to be here for a recital... Sports life can be crazy, but at least this year they all practice at the same time! :) Hope their smiles continue...
ReplyDeleteHey, thanks for the corn!
ReplyDelete