Okay, so I'm back tracking... my head has been muddled up quite a bit lately. Don't really know what's going on, but anyway....

Monday (Labor Day) was the annual Ward Picnic. Normally this event is over flowing and never enough chairs. This year turned out to be much smaller... I guess it was the year for people to "picnic" else where. Regardless, we had fun.

As usual, Bob was asked to provide his (seemingly) famous fries! So we packed up early and set out. Fortunately Peter was asleep, and willing to stay that way for a real nap, so I was able to go about helping set things up. What a strange feeling that was! No baby to chase after.
Anyway, the kids were helping Dad with the "fry cutting" and enjoyed themselves... Gabi stayed to continue helping with that. Beth and Jeremy started helping with the tables and chairs... that's not an easy thing for little ones. Jeremy even got

to roll out the big trash cans! And, since chairs are typically an issue, we decided to have a "kids table" this year We brought out the two low tables and all the little kid chairs to go around. Jeremy was especially great with that, he unstacked the chairs and put them around the table!
But, since I was helping with all that, I didn't have my camera on my hip, and therefore didn't get some adorable pictures... but hey, just picture my cute little three year old boy hefting those chairs and grinning all the while! I did get a picture of him "helping" to roll a table back in afterward!


Beth was very inventive! She found a stick and then took her napkin and made herself a flag. She loved to wave it and then spin in circles making it ripple around her!
We had a nice time, and it was great to visit with people... we even made dough boys this time! We just might make those again next year.. I guess we'll just wait and see!
Hmm... Fries.. I bet they were good. Where the potatoes from your garden?? Love Beth's flag, so creative! Glad you had a good time..
ReplyDelete