Well, this past month has been interesting with the conversations dwelling on politics. My biggest frustration.... Who do you vote for when neither appears good! That's not to say there weren't any good points about either. Just that neither really stood out as a good... as full of integrity. Like some others, the person I wanted to vote for, the person I believe would have been best, was not on the ticket. That didn't mean I couldn't vote for the person... but it did mean that if I did, I would likely be "throwing away" my vote.
Voting is too important for that. But I really felt sick about both major candidates... so it became a serious matter of prayer. I guess that's what is should have been all along. After all, voting is important. Our freedom is important! And who better to guide us than our Lord. If left in the hands of us poor mortals, we are sure to mess it up!
Now that the vote has been cast and counted, all we can do is pray. Pray for our leaders today. Pray that our country will be healed in many ways. Prayer is all we have. Prayer is all we ever have.
And, for many of us (and any who choose to listen), we have a Prophet. So there can be no mistake of what our role is to be. What we should be doing. How we should be living. And with that, we have no need to fear - no matter what concerns we may have.
No comments:
Post a Comment