Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick Or Treat

This was the first Trick Or Treat Experience without Bob. Since I made him take last week off to go to the Ward Harvest Fest with us, that meant he worked last night. No big deal - except that I was still crazy tired!


Juanita and her kids (after having a crazy day themselves) joined us for the trick or treat experience right here in our own (be it small) neighborhood.


So, this year... Gabi was Morgan LeFay (from the King Arthur stories - but, for her, it was from the Magic Tree House). She kept telling me we needed to "paint" her costume because in the Magic Tree House series, Morgan wears red! Yikes! So I told her she could be Merlin - since he wore blue! She decided to be Morgan wearing blue instead!


She had originally wanted to be Little Foot - but I didn't have the time this year to make a dinosaur costume. So when I saw this one at a reasonable price (knowing I didn't have to buy costumes for the others) I got it. She was tickles, though, to know she could be something from Magic Tree House - even if I did get the color wrong. BTW - They didn't have any other color than blue.


Beth - the fairy - was, more specifically, Prilla. She's one of the Disney Fairies - One of Tink's friends. She's the one who can "blink over to the main land" - the only one - therefore, the only one that children ever get to see!


I had so much fun putting up Beth's hair! She really is the cutest fairy I know! :)


Jeremy - He was a cowboy... or, more importantly, a "mustang herder"! That's right - from the Magic Tree House series as well! Don't ya just love the horse - sorry, no boots could be found!


He loved having the horse and rode it all around the house and deck. But when it was time to trick or treat, the horse got to stay in the wagon. Apparently that bag of goodies needed to hands to hold it! :)


Peter - well.... Thomas is still too big for him....Winnie -The-Pooh we sent to Libby last year and didn't think to ask for it to be mailed back in time (of course, we didn't think it would fit Peter this year given the way he had been growing). So, we had this really cute lady bug... so he was the lady bug from A Bug's Life!


He didn't mind at all. In fact, when he saw the costume the first time he was so excited that he had something his size to play dress up in! He loved putting it on!


The had so much fun. Peter was quite cute the first time. He insisted on getting out of the wagon (we took the double stroller and the wagon to contain the four little boys) and then remembered that he needed his own bag to do his own trick or treating! He had fun for the first 7 houses... then he and the baby were done. So Juanita brought them back to the house, I packed up the rest and head just little further up in the north village, then over to the west village. They did well enough...


Note to self - feed kids before trick or treating... that way they can just go to bed when they get home! :)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love Gabbi's Costume! Beth was a gorgeous fairy, and I love her hair too! Jereamy was a handsome cowboy, and I love peter as a lady bug. Sage was a bee last year! :)

    ReplyDelete