Sunday, December 21, 2008

Reindeer

When Aunt Marie's package arrived, there were cute little candy cane reindeer. I had thought about doing it with my kids earlier, but then I wasn't so sure since we'd done the ropes. But the wanted to, and it gave us something to do with the kids who come over over after school a couple times a week. They had fun coming up with different ways to adjust their antlers... hearts for some, and one was even a "bunny".

The new thing was learning how to use the hot glue gun. That was both exciting and intimidating... but the girls figured it out and enjoyed it. Jeremy just let someone else put the glue on the items and then he stuck them to the candy cane!

Though the girls thought they would be making some to give back to their cousins (strawberry and berry flavored canes - we didn't realize when we bought them - that we need to get rid of because of Peter's allergies), when I packed the box it was too full.... so I have a little collection of cute reindeer sitting up high enough that Peter can't get them (or see them)! Still, they had fun!

1 comment:

  1. That is neat... I made some a few years back with the kids, we had fun with it. :)

    ReplyDelete