The other issue which weighs heavily upon my heart is that of Obama promising to legalize abortion at every stage - including setting aside babies who make it during a later abortion so that they can just "die off".
I'm not a supporter of abortion because I believe that life is valuable. Every life is precious and of great worth. That includes all babies - at every stage.
More than that, this new law (to come) does not allow people to be accountable for their own choices. Yes, I know that there are times when a woman is forced, but most of the time it's by choice. Choice.... just what is that? The ability to decide for oneself do go through with an action. Does this really mean that we get to choose the consequence as well?
For example: If I decide, in the middle of winter in the north, to go outside in a T-shirt and shorts, no hat, no coat, no mittens or gloves, no socks and no boots, can I really expect that after 6 hours I'm going to feel cozy and warm, that my fingers and toes are still going to have circulation, that I'm not going to get sick - or maybe even die?
Or about this: I get sick with something like cancer - I choose to go through with treatments that work on most everyone with the same cancer. Do I really get to choose whether or not they get to work for me? (For anyone crazy enough to think this answer is yes, then you've not followed the story of our dear little Savannah)
Or this: I stand close enough to the wood stove to get warm, then stretch. Do I get to choose whether or not I'm going to get burned when my hand brushes across the surface? (Gabi did this just today - she got burned. She chose her action, not her consequence)
These examples might seems a bit "severe" but really the principle can be applied to anything. Anything and everything. Rarely, if ever, do we get to choose the consequence. Choosing the action is choosing the consequence. Especially when there is something known as "natural consequences."
Do I also believe that women who choose to have sex and then end up pregnant have to keep their child? No. I do not believe that. I think that any person who does not want a child is likely to not raise a child well and may even allow for such things as neglect and abuse to befall the child. That doesn't mean that such children should never be allowed to live. There are many families who would love to adopt. Many couples who try all their married lives to have children and are not blessed with their own who would adopt and the children would be loved as if they had been born to them.
Why is it that the issue is always about the "rights" of the woman and not the baby? Why is it that "rights" allows a woman to brush aside consequences? And why - why, why why - is adoption always pushed aside as though that's some how worse than killing!?!
Go to this website to learn more about what Obama is planning to do and to send an email telling Obama that you do not support throwing away consequences in favor of murder. Our voices will be heard. If this law passes, it will not be for lack of those who were willing to voice their concerns!
Amen sista!
ReplyDelete