Well, I'd been meaning to make Monkey Bread with the bundt pan... and finally, well, I'm not sure how it came to be, but we seemed to have everyone together, the kitchen clean, the baby sleeping, and everyone getting along... so we made a delicious Monkey Bread... no we didn't glaze it... my kids are too picky and don't like the glaze... I did make some in a small dish to the side for me and Bob and anyone else to dip our pieces into.
Anyway, besides having a perfect monkey bread, I didn't have to butter the pan... thank goodness because it's a decorative one... but it came out just fine... since it's a non-stick finish.
Then, yesterday, I decided to try out a recipe for applesauce doughnuts... now I'm a terribly picky doughnut person.....I only ate my Gramma Boone's doughnuts growing up, and then eventually added yeasty doughnuts to the list... and on occassion I started to get Peanut Butter filled and Boston Creme (my current favorite). Well... I'm not a big cake doughnut person, but this recipe sounded really good... so I tried it... the doughnuts are gone (we made a double batch)... they were really yummy... and even tasted much like Gramma Boone's doughnuts... not sure what kind she made, but it certainly brought back yummy memories!
If you're interested, recipes will be posted here later, so check back again soon... I have kids to tend to this evening.
Applesauce Doughnuts..Hmmm... Yup, i would love to try that recipe out when you get a chance to post it! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great!