Night time routine is up in the air... that goes along with the changes we keeping making to Jacob's life. Last night, after nursing at 1am for about 20 minutes, he fell asleep so I moved him back to his cradle. Crawled into bed and within two minutes he was up. He's been having a hard time transitioning from me to the cradle lately - with everything he's been going through, it's not really to be unexpected, just that it's annoying and hard at 1 in the morning!
Our routine - or trying to be routine - is to rock him in the cradle while singing to him. That would have been fine, except my voice wasn't working too well when I tried it last night... so I just rocked him. That was not enough and he continue to become more awake.
At one point I told him it was the middle of the night and that he needed to go back to sleep. Up until that point he's just been making noise.. you know, the fussing, crying sort... but then, he opened his eyes really wide and concentrating hard said:
"Ba...Ba...Blay!"
I nearly laughed right there... instead I said "no, it's not time to play, it's time to sleep."
My seven month old may not be doing the normal thing... crawling and rolling over and all that (he can roll over, he chooses not too, and he does go in circles and backwards, but he hates it)... but he does like to focus on his language.
Nearly a month ago he started saying Dad. Not DaDa like most little ones.. nope, he was clearly saying Dad. My favorite part of that was when we were at a baptism and our old bishop was up visiting. He sat behind me, so Jacob was interacting with him. Then he started saying "A Dad A Dad A Dad" He calls Bob "Dad or Daddy" but not DaDa. Gabi swears that she's heard him say Gabi and he even says GiGi (which means nothing except that a lady in our church who helps me with him in Relief Society is called GiGi by her family... apparently it's really not easy to make the Gi sound... never knew that). He's been saying "hi" for months now... exciting for Gabi as that was also her first word.
But whenever I try to get him to say MaMa he grins ear to ear and busts out in a huge, loud laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment