It doesn't seem possible that my little Peter - my little baby, sweet and snuggly who always insisted that I sing him the Hymns while he was falling asleep - is a Sunbeam! He's such a sweet boy - although a boy non the less... the very same one who likes to show people how strong he is by throwing things, the very same one who loves to take things apart because he's curious and it looks like fun....
He turned three last year and spent nearly the whole year as a three year old in Nursery... but that was okay. He LOVED his nursery teachers... and formed a very special bond with one in particular. It was hard for him to leave her, but he was so excited to be moving to the "big primary". The only sad part he had was that he wanted me (his mommy) to take him to class... I was not able to do that because I was home with a sick Jacob. That was hard for me too - he's my only Sunbeam that I haven't seen to his first Sunbeam class. But he had so much fun and had so much to tell me! He's a great Sunbeam!
The best part... since that Sunday when he went to his first Sunbeam class, the older children have included him more and treated him more like he's an "older kid". I chuckle a little about this - but I guess it's just another way to show that the mark of moving up to Sunbeams is a rite of passage... my little boy is indeed growing older!
No comments:
Post a Comment