We had quite the eventful night! Yesterday Daddy finished painting the house in Temple so the new tenants could move in. As he arrived home, I ran out the door to attend a baby shower! Kids were a little disgruntled with the meal, but other than that, things seemed calm and settled.
About a half hour into the shower, the phone rings and it's Bob! "Weird. Something must be wrong." goes through my head. Sure enough, something had happened.
On the way to bed, Jeremy stepped on a toy (obviously left out from the day's play) and hurt his toe. He wanted Daddy to kiss it before he went to bed. So, Bob, being the silly and playful Dad that he is, lifted Jeremy up to turn him over and kiss his toe. Well, the toe stopped hurting, but not because Daddy kissed it! Jeremy hit the fan and sliced his ear!!!!
Okay, so I want to know if he needs to go to the hospital, is Bob getting a neighbor or bringing the kids into town (where I already am, 30 minutes away), am I going home, am I meeting him some place, etc, etc. He wants to know how to keep pressure on the ear while driving him to the hospital. I tell him: throw some gauze on it and tape it tight to his head.
Well, by the time we meet up at the hospital (with all the kids in tow), Jeremy has an ace bandage wrapped around his head with a slightly wet paper towel against the ear. Okay, that works. That all promptly falls off when I remove his hat, but we notice the bleeding has stopped. The top of his ear (to about the ridge point) is only connected on the backside. Yup, needs stitches.
Well, we got him registered, and I gave him a little bucket of chocolates from the shower, which he shared with his sisters. He was content to just sit and eat, and not have anyone touch his ear or head. But, of course, we had to go into the room and be examined.
He did great! Was cooperative and fussed a little when they looked at it. Was mad when they taped the numbing stuff to it ("I don't want tape" he kept saying). And he was scared about the stitches, so we said a little prayer. They wrapped him in a sheet to keep him from moving, and a nurse and I held him down. He cried through that part because he was scared. But, he got two stitches, the ear is back together, and he'll be as good as new Monday when they take the stitches out!
Really, he was incredible for a 2 year old little boy! And we were all able to stay calm! While waiting in the room, he kept saying "I be all done with this." and "I go now" We sang Grami Cretia's train song, "I've been working on the railroad", and "where is thumbkin" (which he made me sing 5 times all the way through).
All and all, everyone did great. And all are safe and sound! And except for Gabi and Bob (off to school) and myself, everyone else is soundly sleeping! Maybe I'll go back to bed... it was a late night!
I'm so sorry! That really stinks. But I'm glad he's ok.
ReplyDeleteI am glad all is well. Good thing you had some yummy treats from the shower for Jeremy.
ReplyDelete