Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Children's Discovery Museum

Okay... so I mentioned that I went on Gabi's field trip last week. It was a bit refreshing to get outside the normal Mom-at-Home mode and into the real world a little.... even if it was with a bunch of elementary schoolers!


The ride up was long... and thus long on the way back too. It almost seemed not worth the time we ended up with to explore... when you consider that the driving time (both ways) was about double that of the time spent there. Still, the kids had a lot of fun. As usual, I have way too many pictures, so I'll be sharing only a few with you.

We started with something they called "Creature Feature" where the children were told about, introduced to, and sometimes would watch and other times could touch different animals.
























In our "Creature Feature" we learned about the Indian Tiger, two types of Walking Sticks, Scorpions, Tarantulas, the Giant Sea Turtle, and a Tortoise. It was fascinating (even for me) and fun to watch the children shrink away from certain ones and get real close to others.

After that, the children had the opportunity to "play" in the various different areas which helped them learn about different things... like the human body, habitats, physics, light, sound, and, of course, much more.








I had taken Gabi when she was really young.. I believe it was before I had Beth. So she, obviously, didn't remember it. She loved it, didn't want to leave, and some day we'll have to plan a trip for our family when we can really spend the whole day there. It's certainly a great place for kids.




On the ride up, the kids were very excited to see two airplanes coming in for a landing. It was fascinating to watch their eyes light up as most had never seen an airplane that close before!

1 comment:

  1. I love the nose picture. I have one of Hunter coming out of it, when he was like 2 or something like that. He enjoyed it as well. I would like to take the kids back again too. We had a really good time. Andy will be going along with the trip to Reed State Park as well. :) See you soon.

    ReplyDelete