Jeremy goes potty all by himself. He's done this for quite some time. In fact, his biggest hang up was having someone stay in the bathroom with him... not because he needed or wanted help, just to have someone there.
So just before dinner yesterday, I walked into the bathroom... or rather I tried to. The floor was really wet. That seemed rather strange to me. Then I noticed the dirty laundry that hadn't quite landed in the hamper (and thus was on the floor) was drenched! Yikes! So I start asking questions, trying to figure out just what happened.
The first suggestion "Peter did it" That seemed somewhat logical since the gate wasn't locked. But....there was way too much water and no "cup" around.
Still trying to figure it out... and no one seeming to know just what had happened. I look at the toilet....there is some "left over" toilet paper in the bottom. But the water level appears normal and sometimes the paper doesn't all make it down the first flush (I believe it has something to do with the toilet design). So, without thinking, I reach over and flush the toilet.
Just as I do that I recall Jeremy telling me the last time he came out that he'd used "lots of toilet paper" that time. Too late! The water comes spilling over as I holler to the kids to bring me towels from the laundry (it would figure that ALL the towels would be dirty and not available).
So, my children learned what makes water come pouring out of the toilet... and why it's so important not to use too much toilet paper!
That is really funny :)
ReplyDelete