Today was the first official day back to school! The kids have been very excited for weeks, counting down and even grumping about how it wasn't coming fast enough. Strange? Maybe. But they are my children and I ALWAYS LOVED going back to school. I loved learning, being engaged in creativity and mind growing experiences - not to mention being around my friends more often!
After baths were taken, family prayers and scriptures completed, each child, in turn, received a special back-to-school father's blessing. I love that Bob holds the Priesthood and is worthy to administer these blessings to our children. I never was that fortunate. It was special to listen to the love and council from the Lord specific for each of our children. Things to keep in mind, ways to reach out to others, things that would help them both in learning and in being great examples. Even Peter received one of these blessings - being home schooled for preschool. And myself - as the mother of these wonderful children. It was a great way to start the school year.
The excitement was full as we let Jeremy set his alarm clock. Good thing, too, since the girls' clock was set to pm instead of am and therefore didn't go off this morning. Peter commented that the alarm went off and it made him jump! The moment the alarm rang, the three school bond children were up and racing through their morning routine (clothes set out the night before, lunches packed the night before - just getting dressed, eat breakfast, brushing teeth, reading scriptures - which they did together. Wish I'd thought to grab the camera for that. - and practicing piano).
My big kids - 3rd grade, 1st grade and kindergarten. And I asked Peter what school he was going to and he said "Home School", with a huge grin. So I asked him what school Jacob was going to and he said "I don't know." To which I told him Jacob would also be doing home school. Peter raised his eyebrows in question so I said "Well, maybe we should just call it Baby School - since he's got all those baby things to learn." And Peter grinned!
So cute! They are getting big! Glad to hear they were excited. I know I still can't believe that Hunter is in 3rd grade... Time sure flies!
ReplyDelete