Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Thoughts For the Fall

This school year I'll have three in school. Number four insists that he needs to go to - sorry, Peter, you have to wait two more years. Anyway, I'm realizing (the the huge gap between Peter and Jacob) that this will be the first time I'll have a child at home who doesn't have another child to play with (or fight with) all the time! I'm thinking "quiet"..... but it might turn into "disaster" if he suddenly thinks I need to "entertain" him all the time. So far, Peter's still good at playing by himself.

I plan to do "school" here at home with him. He's ready to learn basic, simple reading. He loves to manipulate things - so we'll have the math stuff out more and I'll be providing him with lots of just random things for him to "create". BTW - seeing that he loves to take things apart, if anyone has broken items that they would normally just junk, let me know. We might be willing to take them off your hands for Peter to take apart and put back together.

We'll continue with the library - though we might just go on our own. We'll see if he settles back into listening to the stories at reading time before we make that decision. But really, I wouldn't mind the time to just snuggle him and read to him myself! We're also planning to go to the park once a week and probably picnic there too. At least while it's nice. And if all goes well, then we'll be getting together with at least one friend at that time.

For myself - aside from housework and baby care - I'm hoping to continue being crafty. Not at the rate I was before the baby came, but enough to feel I'm accomplishing things - and staying on top of (and ahead of) the Christmas projects. But I'm also determined to really do some digital scrapbooking. I've not done much, and haven't really had the time (or felt like I did) to figure out everything I needed to. But I plan to do this... Gabi is 8, after all, and Bob and I've been married for 9 1/2 years, so it would be nice to finally get some of these pictures done up in a way I like and bound in a book we can actually enjoy. I'll be going back through journals to figure out some of the journaling for the books... it's amazing what is forgotten over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment